General Igloo Questions
What are your safety and sanitation processes?
- Our team is committed to keeping our igloos sanitized and safe for every group that books with us. Each igloo is scheduled with staggered reservation slots to ensure groups arrive and exit at different times. We have also built in 60 minutes of cleaning and sanitation between each time block.There is a medical-grade air purifier in each igloo that is on during and in between every reservation, and the igloos are thoroughly ventilated for proper air flow. We sanitize our tables and bar carts as we would in the restaurant, as well as disinfect the furniture, blankets, and pillows with Lysol Disinfectant Spray. We even sanitize the zippers to open the igloo doors and windows to ensure all common surfaces have been cleaned.
What does the $200 food and beverage minimum entail?
- Every booking includes a private igloo for up to 8 guests for 2 hours, a keepsake camp mug for each person to take home, plus select food and beverage packages of your choice. That $200 breaks down to just $25 per person when split between 8. Tax and 20% service fee will be added to all final bills.
How long does an igloo rental last for?
- Each rental lasts 2 hours. We ask that your party arrive 5 minutes early to check-in prior to your reserved time. This will give you more quality time in your igloo. We prefer that your entire party arrives before seating your igloo. This allows us to seat you all at once and limit the number of times the door to your igloo will need to be opened, thus keeping you warmer.
What happens if our party shows up late?
- If your party shows up late for your reservation, we cannot extend the length of your rental. The igloos are in high demand and are generally booked back-to-back to allow as many guests to enjoy them as possible. As an example, if you show up 30 minutes late, your rental would be for 1 hour and 30 minutes instead of 2 hours. Partial refunds will not be issued for parties arriving late.
How many people can fit in each igloo?
- Each igloo seats up to 8 guests, with a variety of both bench and upright chair seating. It is lounge-style seating, so there is a coffee table, but no “dining” table. Think of it as akin to sitting around a campfire and sharing food and drink, but with fewer mosquitos.
What if we only have 4 people, do we pay half-price?
- Sorry, every igloo rental and package is the same price regardless of the size of your party. If your party is smaller than 8, we’d suggest inviting more friends.
Are there age limits for the igloos?
- There is no age limit.
Is smoking allowed in the igloos?
- No. Any guests found smoking, vaping, or the like will be asked to leave immediately along with their entire party, with no refund granted. Open flames of any kind are not allowed on the patio at all.
Are the igloos heated? How should I dress?
- They are “heated,” but you will be sitting on an outdoor patio, in the winter in Iowa, separated from the cold winter by a thin membrane. Each igloo includes a small, electric heater that will take the edge off of the chill, but please come dressed for a winter activity. It may take a bit of time after the door is opened to reheat your igloo. The igloos also include small windows for ventilation if desired. Please come dressed in hats, gloves, and a few layers that you can adjust to your own individual comfort level. Feel free to bring a blanket too, if you’d like. Any heater moved during your stay may result in a charge for damage to the shell or frame. If you require assistance with your heating unit, please ask a Tin Roost employee.
Will the igloos ever close for inclement weather?
- In the case of extreme cold, blizzard, or dangerous icy conditions, we may need to cancel reservations to ensure safety and your comfort level. In these cases, you will be notified via email or phone call about an option to reschedule your booking or receive a complete refund. We will make every attempt to make the cancellations well in advance of your reserved time but reserve the right to make cancellations in the case of emergent weather conditions at any time.
Are pets allowed in the igloos?
- Pets are not allowed in the igloos.
What happens if we damage the igloo?
- The igloos are strong, engineered structures that are designed to withstand 50+ mph winds and 90+ pounds of static snow load. That being said, they are constructed of lightweight materials that can be damaged by impact, heat, or puncture. We ask that you take precaution when moving in the igloos and refrain from touching the walls or grabbing the frame. The igloos are inspected and cleaned after every party, and a fee may be added should any evidence of damage or stolen items be noticed after your visit.
Can I bring my own music?
- For the enjoyment of the guests in neighboring igloos, we request that you do not add your own soundtrack to the experience.
What is the restroom situation?
- All igloos are welcome to use the indoor restrooms in Tin Roost. We recommend using the facilities before getting seated in your igloo to avoid unnecessary opening of your door.
What is there to do inside the igloos?
- With the igloos having a 12-foot diameter, your party should be composed of the type of people who aren’t too weirded out inside a full elevator. There will be a lot of sitting around in a circle watching other people eat and drink, so some pleasant conversation would be a great next step. Maybe bring a game? But bring a game that you don’t need table space for.
Food & Beverage Questions
What does the $100 base package include?
- Every igloo experience includes a private igloo for up to 8 guests for 2 hours, a keepsake camp mug for each person to take home, plus food and beverage of your choice. You have an additional $100 to spend on any of the food and beverage offered for the igloos in order to hit your minimum.
Can I bring outside food and drink?
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the igloos. If you are celebrating something special (i.e. a birthday, anniversary, etc.), you may bring in a small dessert for a $10 dessert fee.
Will there be servers that we can order more food and drink from?
- In addition to the $100 base package that you select when you book your igloo, an igloo server will stop by periodically to see if you would like to add any more food or beverages to your tab.
Can I order items off the regular Tin Roost menu?
- No. The food and beverage options for the igloos were designed specifically to be shared amongst a small group, in cozy quarters, on an outdoor patio, in winter in Iowa. Because there is no dining table, all food items are finger-friendly and served on platters. Hot chocolate is served in a large thermos to ensure it remains hot throughout your stay. For those who would like a beverage other than hot chocolate, you are welcome to order those beverages from your igloo server.
How long do we have to finish our food and drinks?
- Each igloo rental is for 2 hours within a predetermined time block, giving you ample time to finish any food or drink you ordered in advance. All food and beverage that is pre-ordered will be ready for you when arriving at your igloo. You may order more add-on food during your stay, but additional orders should be made in the first 45 minutes of your visit to give you ample time to finish your items. In the unlikely case that you do not finish in your 2-hour stay, we will do our best to accommodate your group inside Tin Roost by moving your food and drink indoors, depending on capacity. We strongly recommend planning ahead and finishing your food and drink inside your igloo, and of course, you are welcome to visit our bar or stay for dinner after your igloo visit as well.
Can I upgrade or change my mind on food or drink selections when my group arrives?
- We cannot remove any of the food or drink items you selected when booking online; however, it is possible to add on additional food and beverage packages when you arrive, or during the first 45 minutes or so of your stay. Due to the availability of some items (mostly food), we may not be able to fulfill your request. The best way to guarantee your food and beverage is to order them when completing your initial booking.
Do Tin Roost Happy Hour Deals apply for my drink purchases in the igloos?
- If you select a time block that falls in Tin Roost’s happy hour, those deals will apply to you if you order between 3pm-6pm on Monday-Friday. You are expected to fulfill the minimum regardless of what time your booking takes place.
Reservations & Payment Questions
Is it possible to cancel my reservation?
- Yes, you may cancel your reservation by emailing us at email@example.com, but deposits are non-refundable. Make sure to include the name and date/time of the reservation from your booking.
Can I change my reservation date or time?
- Yes, but deposits are non-refundable, so a date and time will need to be chosen at least 48 hours in advance in order to reschedule without having to rebook and pay another deposit.
I made a reservation and reserved a food or beverage package, when and where do I pay for food and beverage?
- The payment of the $100 base package and remaining minimum, plus tax and 20% service fee, will be taken at the end of the 2-hour timeframe before leaving your igloo. All payments will be handled by your igloo server.
Can we split the cost on multiple cards?
- Yes. The $200 food and beverage minimum can be hit with a sum of separate tabs. Each individual bill will be charged tax and the 20% service fee when it’s time to settle up.
Have more questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-626-2331 and ask for our Event Coordinator to discuss anything else you want to know about the Igloos at Tin Roost.